United Way of San Luis Obispo County is an independent nonprofit corporation governed by a Board of local volunteers. It is affiliated by membership with United Way of America but addresses local needs as determined by our local communities. By encouraging our community members to give, advocate and volunteer, we work to highlight critical health and human service issues and focus support and contributions where the need is greatest.
Board of Directors 2017-18
- Chair: Hans Poschman, Institute for Advanced Technology and Public Policy, Cal Poly
- Vice Chair, Community Impact: Dena Bellman, CA Department of Parks and Recreation
- Vice Chair, Resource Development: Brian Campbell, AT&T Global Foundational Services
- Treasurer: Wade O'Hagan, SJL Broadcast Management Corp.
- Secretary: Debbie Lewis, Retired Principal
- Director At Large: Judy Kambestad, Retired ARCO Public Relations
- Marian Anderson, Murphy Bank
- Amina Assal, Youth Board President
- Chris Barnickel, County of San Luis Obispo, Libraries
- Laurent Bernad, Promega Biosciences, Inc.
- Jeff Brown, Wells Fargo
- Ryan Caldwell, Wacker Wealth Partners
- Roger Frederickson, Frederickson Law Office
- Charlie Fruit, Bank of the Sierra
- Jeff Hamm, County of San Luis Obispo, Health Agency
- Julie Paik, County of San Luis Obispo, Department of Child Support Services
- Brian Reynolds, Retired Director of the SLO County Libraries
- James Welsch, PG&E