United Way of San Luis Obispo County is an independent nonprofit corporation governed by a Board of local volunteers. It is affiliated by membership with United Way of America but addresses local needs as determined by our local communities. By encouraging our community members to give, advocate and volunteer, we work to highlight critical health and human service issues and focus support and contributions where the need is greatest.
Board of Directors 2016-17
- President: Ian Parkinson, San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Office
- Vice President, Community Impact: Dena Bellman, CA Department of Parks and Recreation
- Vice President, Resource Development: Brian Campbell, AT&T Global Foundational Services
- Treasurer: Ryan Caldwell, Wacker Wealth Partners
- Secretary: Debbie Lewis, Retired Principal
- Director At Large: Hans Poschman, Institute for Advanced Technology and Public Policy
- Ashlee Akers, Verdin
- Marian Anderson, Murphy Bank
- Laurent Bernad, Promega Biosciences, Inc.
- Callum Bolger, Youth Board President
- Dr. James Brescia, San Luis Obispo County Office of Education
- Jeff Brown, Wells Fargo
- Roger Frederickson, Frederickson Law Office
- Jeff Hamm, County of San Luis Obispo Health Agency
- Christine Johnson, City of Morro Bay
- Judy Kambestad, Retired ARCO Public Relations
- Wade O'Hagan, SJL Broadcast Managment Corp.
- Julie Paik, County of SLO Department of Child Support Services
- Brian Reynolds, Retired Director of the SLO County Libraries
- James Welsch, PG&E