Job Title: Resource Development Operations Specialist
Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer
Status: Non-exempt (Hourly)
Full-time. Core hours of Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00pm. Must be able to work a flexible schedule with the possibility of some early morning, evening, and weekend work.
United Way of San Luis Obispo County is a community change organization that works to improve the health, education and financial stability of every person in our community. United Way fosters structural change by addressing root causes in order to safeguard the future of our community and we focus on work that will erase divisions, bridge divides, and right inequities. We connect people with resources that change lives and transform our community.
The Resource Development Operations Specialist is charged with data management and ePledge campaigns, account management and support, project coordination and operational support to the Resource Development and Finance teams. This position performs work that is critical to the field staff’s ability to focus its efforts outward and spend more face-to-face time with donors and corporate partners, and to the organization’s effectiveness in collecting, maintaining, and utilizing data effectively.
The Resource Development Operations Specialist will foster a culture of philanthropy across the organization and will ensure that the organization’s philanthropic culture, systems, standards and procedures are implemented. He/she will also provide leadership when appropriate and creative input in developing and implementing all fundraising efforts, as well as provide on-going development-related trainings to support organizational fundraising.
The Resource Development Operations Specialist serves as a key ambassador focused on work that supports increasing contributed revenue and securing funds to advance the United Way’s mission. This person serves as a frontline fundraising professional, working with leadership and volunteers to advance relationship-driven strategies and develop a caseload of high potential (Major Gifts) donors. This position is accountable for the achievement and advancement of mission, goals and objectives of the association by ensuring significant growth in contributed revenue each year. Helps cultivate a cause-driven culture of philanthropy that continually embraces the spirit of cooperation, team work, and accountability.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Responsible for the overall maintenance and of the Andar database for UWSLOC including, but not limited to updating and adding customer data and accounts in Andar database, producing reports as requested by the Management and Finance Team, and utilizing database for more customization opportunities for constituents.
• Responsible for ePledge campaigns including updates to messaging and layout to bring sites to production and software support to donors, companies and staff.
• Manage the acknowledgement process of donors, including Futures in Bloom legacy program.
• Manage resource development inventory and supply orders.
• Responsible for campaign supply assembly, files (including website) and distribution as needed.
• Support United Way organization with annual campaign and resource development activities as needed.
• Provide support services in coordination of direct mail projects and other projects as assigned.
• Manage and coordinate all corporate engagement activities.
• Seek out and demonstrate strategic thinking and initiative to effectively analyze results and drive quality improvements.
• Maintain and support the current fundraising model, while enhancing the development of innovative methods for successful fundraising including technology solutions and web-based fund development systems.
• Attend staff, committee and community meetings as necessary or directed by supervisor.
• Mission Focused – The United Way’s top priority is to create social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
• Relationship-Oriented – The United Way Resource Development Operations Specialist understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
• Collaborator – The United Way Resource Development Operations Specialist understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
• Results-Driven – The United Way Resource Development Operations Specialist is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good: creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
• Brand-Steward – The United Way Resource Development Operations Specialist is a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Additional Competencies and Required Skills
• Commitment to excellence and to providing exemplary customer service
• Outstanding interpersonal, team and customer service skills
• Highly analytical
• Flexible; can change focus and priorities easily; able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Exceptional follow-through
• Proactive, able to anticipate problems and plan solutions
• Strong organization and planning skills
Education, Experience, and Training Required for this Position
• Bachelor’s Degree; or a comparable combination of experience and education
• Three (3) years’ experience in a business/corporate environment
• Fund raising experience a plus
• Proficiency with standard office equipment (copiers, calculators, telephone systems)
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and Outlook required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint (mail merge and Excel proficiency essential to this position)
• Advanced proficiency with customer relationship management systems and electronic giving platforms preferred
• Proficiency with social media platforms and strategies preferred
The Resource Development Operations Specialist will gain local agency and community contacts, build resources, and gain valuable skills in community service programs working with nationally recognized partners in a local setting. This position offers options for medical, vision and dental insurance, 403(b) Retirement plan, paid holidays, and accrual of sick and vacation time.
This Resource Development Operations Specialist is a full-time non-exempt position with pay range between $18-$20 per hour, DOE.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Linda Wingert, Chief Operations Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31, 2019 or call (805) 541-1234 for more information.
United Way of San Luis Obispo County is committed to advancing equity in its work. Equity seeks to undo discrimination and bias to create a just and fair society in which all can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. We invite applications from underrepresented and historically marginalized groups. People of all protected classes including race, ethnicity, gender, and all ability levels are encouraged to apply.
Born Learning Academy - Facilitator (PAID, part-time)
United Way of San Luis Obispo County
United Way of San Luis Obispo County (UWSLOC) is focused on creating long-lasting change in our communities by focusing on the building blocks for a good quality of life –education, income and health.
The Born Learning Program is a public engagement campaign that helps caregivers explore ways to turn everyday moments into fun learning opportunities (www.bornlearning.org), and by implementing this program locally, parents will be given the chance to make connections with school staff. The Academy Facilitator will assist in organizing workshops and work directly with the program coordinator. The right candidate will be motivated, school personnel with strong verbal communication skills, and an interest in building a platform for change in the community starting with education.
With direction from Born Learning program staff, this paid position will provide the opportunity to learn about the United Way system; with a specific focus on implementing material and guiding parents and caregivers through the Born Learning workshops.
As a Facilitator in this nationally recognized program, this is an excellent opportunity for a candidate to make caring connections with families and utilize skills in delivering informative early learning curriculum via child development sessions.
The main role of the facilitator is to:
• Become familiar with the Born Learning curriculum
• Utilize creative skills in making sessions accessible and fun
• Review all training modules, the Facilitator guide and additional program material
• Observe skills of the participants and provide support as necessary
• Work with the coordinator to distribute and collect pre/post surveys
• Commit to using data to inform future sessions
• Record number of children who are entering Kindergarten the following school year. Names of Students are not necessary but rather the number of participants entering Kindergarten and cumulative results of their kindergarten readiness screen.
The academy consists of six workshops and/or 6 networking sessions occurring over a set period. This project has been funded for 4 academies (each at least 6 weeks in length, no more than 12 weeks). The Facilitator must commit to being available for each workshop in a specific academy including prep time and clean up time.
The Facilitator must enroll in and complete the 6-hour online training course before the first parent session.
• REQUIRED: Bilingual in Spanish
• Proficiency in organizing educational workshops
• Experience working with parents and families
• Familiarity with data collection (administering pre/post surveys and track outcomes)
• Ability to creatively engage an audience and communicate with caregivers, certified educator preferred
• Project Management and strategic planning skills
• Knowledge of Early Childhood Development and effective parenting practices
• Knowledge of child, parent, health and social support systems in SLO County
• Cultural competency to meet the needs of linguistically diverse and under-represented populations
• Computer and internet skills to communicate electronically
• Ability to creatively engage an audience and communicate with caregivers
• Available to attend all workshops over the set period
• Strong interest in learning more about United Way’s Born Learning Academy
• Minimum of Associate's degree, with Bachelor's degree and Teaching Credential, preferred
The Born Learn Academy Facilitator will gain local academic and community contacts, build resources, and gain valuable skills in community service programs working with nationally recognized programs in a local setting.
This is a project-based part-time position that will be hired as an independent contractor. Hourly pay rate is between $25 - $35 per hour, DOE.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Linda Wingert, Director of Community Engagement at email@example.com or call (805) 541-1234 for more information.
Current Openings at Other Organizations:
When available, United Way of San Luis Obispo County will also post positions available at other nonprofit organizations. Please see our Agency Resources page for more information about sharing your open position.
No known openings.