Complete your ANY-K on your own, with your team, or your family any time between September 11th and 17th or join an organized activity denoted by this symbol → below.
- Boucher Trail (hike): See elephant seals and the Piedras Blancas Lighthouse: https://www.hikespeak.com/trails/piedras-blancas-elephant-seal-rookery-hike-piedras-blancas-light-station/
- Harmony Headlands (hike): https://www.hikespeak.com/trails/harmony-headlands-state-park/
- Hunter Ranch Golf: https://www.hunterranchgolf.com/
- Jim Green Trail (hike): https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/jim-green-trail
- Cerro Alto Trail Loop (hike): https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/cerro-alto
- Three Bridges Oak Preserve (hike): https://www.alltrails.com/parks/us/california/three-bridges-oak-preserve
- Atascadero Lake Park (pedal a boat): https://www.facebook.com/mrputtersboathouse/ (or walk around the lake): https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/atascadero-lake-park
Carrizo Plain/Creston/East County:
- Sensorio/Field of Lights (walk): https://sensoriopaso.com/
- Santa Margarita Lake (rent a kayak): https://rockymountainrec.com/lake-facilities/listing/santa-margarita-lake
- Rinconada Trail (hike): https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/rinconada-trail
Morro Bay/Los Osos:
- Beach Walk (walk): One option – walk Morro Rock to the Cayucos Pier. Why not organize a beach clean-up along the way! Bonus points for community service.
- Stand-Up Paddle Board (or Kayak or Canoe) (paddle): https://www.morrobaykayakrental.com/
- Montana de Oro (hike, ride, walk): Many hikes, bikes and beach walks to choose from!
- → Cerro San Luis (hike or mountain bike; multiple trail options): https://www.hikespeak.com/trails/cerro-san-luis-hike/
- Bishops Peak (hike): https://www.hikespeak.com/trails/bishops-peak-san-luis-obispo-hike/
- Walk Meadow Park with ITW Thursday 9/15 at 3:30 pm: https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/meadow-park-trail?u=m
- Disc Golf (throw): https://udisc.com/courses/sinsheimer-park-w1iJ
- → Ghost & True Crime Walking Tour of SLO (walk): Book your tour for DATE/TIME and use Promo Code “” and Mystery Loves Company will donate 10% of your ticket price to United Way https://www.mysterylovescompanytours.com/
- → Laguna Lake Park (Join Dave Congalton and Rick London for a walkabout, departing from the playground area at 9:30AM on 9/17/22): https://visitslo.com/things-to-do/outdoor-and-recreation/hiking-san-luis-obispo/laguna-lake-park-open-space/
- Bob Jones Trail (walk, bike, skate): https://www.hikespeak.com/trails/bob-jones-bike-trail-avila-beach/
- Shell Beach Bluff Trail/Ontario Ridge (hike): https://www.hikespeak.com/trails/shell-beach-bluff-trail-ontario-ridge-avila/
- Johnson Ranch (hike or mountain bike): https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/johnson-ranch-loop-trail
- Point San Luis Lighthouse (hike & tour): https://www.hikespeak.com/trails/point-san-luis-lighthouse-pecho-coast-trail-avila-beach/
- Avila Beach Golf: https://www.avilabeachresort.com/
- Pismo Preserve (hike, mountain bike): https://www.alltrails.com/parks/us/california/pismo-preserve
- Kayak Rental and/or Cave Tour (paddle): https://centralcoastkayaks.com/
- Beach Walk at any of our S. County Beaches (walk). Why not bring some trash bags and gloves and organize a beach clean-up with your team! One option: Start at the Monarch Butterfly Preserve and walk to the Pismo Pier.
- See Pismo Beach on a Surrey (pedal): https://pismobeachbikerentals.net/
- → Pismo Pier (walk): https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g32894-d220150-Reviews-Pismo_Pier-Pismo_Beach_San_Luis_Obispo_County_California.html
- Cypress Ridge Golf: https://www.cypressridge.com/
- → Oso Flaco Lake (walk): https://www.hikespeak.com/trails/oso-flaco-lake-trail-oceano-dunes/
Help us meet our goal of raising $50,000! Each Dollar raised is MATCHED by ITW Global Tire Repair!
United Way invests in the building blocks of our community – health, education, and financial stability. We address root causes to safeguard the future of our community and empower youth to thrive.
We unite organizations in preventing problems before they start – creating lasting change. Your investment will add up to big wins for residents of SLO County.
How much do I have to walk?
As much as you want! 5K? Sure! 10K? Go for it! No K? OK! This is an ANY-K. Your race. Your pace.
Do I have to walk?
Nope! Not at all! We're open to any kind of physical activity that you can convert into a unit of distance. Swim. Hike. Row. Roll. Skate. Hop. Surf. If you're into it, we're into it! In fact if you'd rather not participate personally, you can still make a donation! Or even create a team!
How much money do I have to raise?
We ask individual participants to commit to raising at least $100. Teams should aim to raise at least $500. You are free to raise as much money as you comfortably can. ITW will be matching every dollar we raise, so the more you raise, the bigger their match! Our campaign goal is $50,000.
Where will the money I raise go?
You get to choose which of our programs you’d like to support! When you register, you will have the opportunity to indicate where you’d like the funds you raise to go. If you don’t have a preference, your funds will go into our Community Impact Fund.
What's raised in SLO County stays in SLO County!
You can choose to support:
Our Community Impact Fund
Our social justice fund, the Liberty and Justice For All Fund
Financial stability programs
What is a virtual walkathon?
A virtual walkathon is an event that allows participants to walk (run, swim, roll, hike, etc.) at their own day, time, and route. Our United Way Any-K is your race, at your pace.
Who do I contact if I have questions or need help with registration?
You can contact Leola Dublin Macmillan via email at email@example.com. By phone, call our office at 805-541-1234.
Thank you to ITW for their Global Corporate Sponsorship of United Way for over 60 years.
Registrations are nonrefundable. Thank you for your donation!
Thank you to this year's top donors!
Sarah Bradley, Loan Consultant, NMLS# 853000
Honorable mention to our United Way/ITW partners Jen and Carrie Cusack, Jeff Hamm, Rick London, Jeff Brown, and the Dallidet Adobe and Gardens.
A special THANK YOU to SeaCrest Ocean Front Hotel, Madonna Inn, and Performance Athletics Gymnastics!