Partnering with United Way of San Luis Obispo County means much more than raising money. As a leader of a local business, this is your opportunity to have a profound impact on our local community while reinforcing your reputation as a good corporate citizen.
Please email Maria McGlothlin or call 805-541-1234 (x3) to customize a workplace campaign that meets your organization's needs!
Workplace Giving Campaign
- Offering payroll deductions to employees allows employees the personal choice of when and how they want to give through a secure online portal designed specifically with your company’s branding.
- Presenting online giving options to employees can provide security knowing their dollars are being directly applied to their interests.
- Running a campaign provides a way for employees to improve their community.
- Offering participation through our workplace campaign can help develop teambuilding skills and boost morale as employees learn to set goals, work together, and achieve positive results.
- Provides employees an opportunity to receive tax deductions and/or credits from charitable giving as well as enjoy the ease and convenience of payroll deduction.
- Creates a bond of philanthropic interest between employer and employee; each knowing the other is working for the community’s best interest.
Volunteering is often the first step for an individual’s community engagement. Companies who encourage volunteering (especially when offering a few hours per quarter of paid company time for volunteering) see:
- A lasting impact upon our community by joining United Way of SLO County's committees or Board
- Satisfaction for employees knowing they are helping to make a difference
- Team building during group volunteering
- Community appreciation when employees volunteer on boards or committees
Corporate Community Engagement
- Corporate community involvement demonstrates to customers and the public at large that community service, impact, and leadership are a company priority.
- Companies that participate in campaigns are often recognized in events, media, marketing materials, and other platforms offering added public exposure of your brand.
- Companies that matching employee giving can motivate and increase individual giving, which doubles the impact of our work throughout the county.
Special thanks to those leading our top workplace campaigns:
Reasons to start a Workplace Giving Campaign:
The money you raise stays here, improving lives of hundreds of people in our community. We support programs, initiatives and agencies in San Luis Obispo County. A healthy, strong local community means a healthy, strong local economy.
You'll receive positive recognition when you support United Way in your workplace and you will join more than 100 other area businesses recognized for "doing good" in our community.
The convenience and affordability of payroll deduction will provide your employees the opportunity to make a significant impact in their community without a significant impact on their wallets.
The dollars your company raises are spent wisely and effectively to do the most good in our community. Only high impact programs that achieve measurable outcomes are chosen to receive grants through our Community Impact Fund.
We invite your company to be part of the change!